I would like to welcome you to being apart of the High Springs Music Department: Chorus. With a high standard of education and performance, High Springs has a strong and reputable music department that will continue by including chorus this year. Chorus is open to all students, regardless of previous experience. Anyone can learn to sing! Students will learn basic, healthy vocal technique, and they will also explore a wide range of music genres. I know you will become a valuable member to our program. Please use this handbook to familiarize yourself with our program and procedures.
Team Effort: The education of each student is a cooperative effort between student, teacher, and parent/guardian. This program would not be successful without the wonderful support and hard work of our parent/guardian(s). I look forward to working with the students and parent/guardian(s) this year.
Mr. Vito Montauk
North Pole Goes Rock And Roll
* Two acts
* about 40 minutes (includes a brief intermission)
~ Santa Claus / Mr. C
~ Mrs. Claus / Mrs. C
~ Traditional / Hip Elves 1-6
~ Children 1-6
~ Delivery person
~ Guide person
Song practice tracks: Coming Soon
1. What can he be?
2. Jingle Bells (JB4)
3. Blahs, Mrs. Claus
4. We're Gonna Have Company
5. Must be a Joke
6. Jingle Bells (JB12)
7. Jingle Bell Rock
Costume information: Coming soon
Chorus - PENDING (Possible wear nice clothes in a winter color scheme, holiday hats or dress like
Santa - 50's style white-color uniform; red polo/button down shirt, khakis, festive socks, santa hat,
belt, beard, dress shoes
Mrs. Claus - Traditional, dress, glasses, etc.
Mr. C - Leather jacket/black jacket, jeans, white socks, black shoes
Mrs. C - 50's hip; poodle skirt w/ blouse, socks, shoes
Traditional Elves - PENDING (ideas include suspenders, santa hats or elf ears/hats, rolled-up jeans,
funky/ ugly sweater, funky/ mixed-matched shoes, work aprons (maybe Home Depot or Lowes))
Hip Elves - White shirt, jeans, white socks, sneakers/black shoes, elf ears/hats, work aprons
Children - HSCS shirt (school preferred, jersey, anything that has HSCS on it) or HSCS hoodie, jeans,
Delivery person - 50's style delivery person; light top, dark bottom, dark shoes/socks, hat
Guide person - 50's office worker, holiday festive
Christmas tree - Received (Mr. M)
Juke Box - NEED TO MAKE, (Miss Sweat supplied the backdrop)
Toys - Received (Mr. M)
Table/Chairs - Received (HSCS)
Fireplace - Received (via Mrs. Taylor and the Nutcracker)
Soda Pop machine - NEED
Soda Pop bottles - Received (Miss Sweat)
Christmas decorations - Received (Mr. M)
Skateboard or Hoverboard - Skateboard- Received (Mr. M), Hoverboard - PENDING
Football - Received (Mr. M)
Bucket - Received (Mr. M)
Cleaning supplies - Broom, rags, - NEED (Will ask Mr. Merricks)
Leather jacket for delivery - Received (Mrs. M)
* During class
* During lunch
* Day of performance
* One night only, Tuesday, December 13th beginning at 6:30pm at HSCS in the cafeteria.
* Free and Open to the public; just asking for food, clothes or wrapped gift donations that will
be donated to local charities.
* Students must turn-in their costume in a bag with their name by Friday, Dec. 9th.
* Students will be required to stay after school and will be fed.
* Mr. Montauk will supply pizza, plates, paper goods, ice
* 4th pd will supply healthy/kinda healthy snacks,fruit/veg. tray, chips/cookies; one per person
* 5th pd will supply drinks (case of water or 12 pack of name/off brand cola); one per person
* ALL STUDENTS MUST ATTEND, they have been working since August to showcase their hard work and how would it be fair if one or more people failed to show. It could jeopardize the entire production.
Creating a Jingle
Websites to use:
Knownote.com (via Edutone)
Examples of Jingles
Listening Log Selections for Quiz #1
~ Seikilos - Song of Seikilos
~ Hildegard Von Bringen – O Rubor Songuinis
~ Palestrina – O Magnum Mysterium
~ Dunstable – Ave Maris Stekka
~ Machaut – Notre Dame Mass
~ Henry VIII – Pastime with good company
~ William Byrd – Ave Verum Chorus