Sonority: Balance, Blend, Characteristic Tone Quality
Articulation: Beginnings of Notes, Releases of Notes, Stylistic Articulation
Musicianship: Dynamic Contrast, Range of Expression, Style, Phrasing, Interpretation
Personal Practice: Rhythmic Interpretation, Note Accuracy, Sticking
Intonation: Melodic Intonation, Harmonic Intonation, Tuning of Drum Heads/ Instruments
- Meets daily during the school day for the whole year.
- Open to all 6-8th graders; No experience required.
- Concert band instruments available to explore and then one must be selected:
French horn, trumpet, trombone, baritone, tubac) Percussion
1. Will meet Tuesday and Thursdays from 2-3:30pm.
2. Auditions are Open to ALL 6th, 7th and 8th graders. No experience required.
3. Nominal fees and supplies will be required.
4. Will perform at Solo and Ensemble Assessment in February.
1. Will meet Mondays from 2-3:30pm.
2. Auditions open to all currently enrolled band members.
3. Non-percussionist may audition. Current Percussionist should plan to attend.
4. Nominal fees and supplies will be required.
5. Will perform at Solo and Ensemble Assessment in February.
1. Meets daily for only one semester.
2. Open to ALL 6-8th grade students.
3. Focus is to explore various types of vocal music while learning to develop one's own voice in an ensemble setting.
4. Performances include either a afterschhol Winter Concert or Spring Concert.